Welcome to the Submission for the 2017 CAFA Model of the Year Award
THE MODEL OF THE YEAR AWARD is to be presented to a Canadian model who has made a significant impact within the Canadian fashion industry.
To begin the entry process, you must first agree to the Rules & Regulations below.
Rules & Regulations
- CAFA reserves the right to suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the competition at any time
- Submissions that do not meet the entry criteria and submission requirements will be disqualified
- This competition is not open to employees or immediate family members of CAFA Directors, staff or Ambassadors
- Members of the 2017 CAFA Nominating Committee will review all of the applicants and then select the finalists
- Members of the 2017 CAFA Jury will select the winner
- All finalists will be profiled online and on the night of the Gala
Candidate Criteria for Submission
- Models must be submitted by their Canadian agency but may also have international representation
- All entrants must be 17 years of age or older as of November 10th, 2016
- Each agency to nominate their top model of the year. Only 1 model may be nominated – Male or Female
- Each agency to provide 5 images that best reflect their versatility, scope and range of work. Images can be a mix of editorial, covers, campaigns etc.
- Each agency to provide model’s biography and must include any special achievements, breakthrough moments or accolades, number and names of special campaigns, covers, runway work etc.
Intellectual Property/Priority Rights/Rights of Publication
By entering the competition, the entrant: (i) agrees that CAFA will have the right to use and/or publish for any purpose, without compensation, the submitted photo, as it relates to promoting CAFA and all the activities that surround it (ii) certifies and warrants that the submitted photo is the entrant’s own original photo and that the photo, including its eventual publication by CAFA, does not and will not infringe any right of any third party, including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and (iii) agrees that CAFA may use either during or at any time following the Awards, but in relation to the Awards, the name and photograph of the entrant without restriction or compensation.
Please be advised that your information will not be saved on this form until it is submitted. If you do not plan on completing this form at once, we advise that you save your answers on a back-up document to avoid the frustration of having to start over in the case of an accidental refresh.